General Awareness Preparation Tips for SSC MTS 2019
As of now, the Staff Selection Commission has not released the official notification, which will confirm the dates of SSC MTS application process and examination. The SSC Multitasking exam is held every year to shortlist candidates for the posts of Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial posts in various government departments. The tier-1 exam consists of four sections, out of which the General Awareness section is considered as the least time-consuming section. A candidate has to have knowledge of current events, events occurred in the past, and science. Know preparation tips of GK section for SSC MTS exam here.
As per the previous year exam pattern, each section comprised 25 questions which were to be attempted within the time frame of 90 minutes. The commission utilizes the negative marking scheme in order to encourage the candidates to study the facts carefully. Let us look at the marking scheme of SSC MTS for a better understanding.
Exam Pattern of SSC MTS Tier-1 Exam
The SSC has appointed TCS-ion to conduct the SSC examination. However, any changes in exam pattern are unlikely to happen. The detailed exam pattern is specified below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Time Allotted|
|General Reasoning||25||Correct Response: +1 Mark
Incorrect Response: -0.25 Marks
(Additional 30 minutes for Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates)
GK Section Weightage (Topic-wise) | SSC MTS 2019
|S.No.||Topic||Number of expected questions|
|Dynamic GK||Current Affairs||5-6|
|Famous Personalities in News, Sports, Books||2-3|
|Important Dates, Portfolios & Schemes||1-2|
Static General Knowledge
|Science||Physics + Astronomy||3-4|
|Computer & Mobile Technology||1-2|
|Diseases & Pollution||1-2|
Type of questions in General Awareness| SSC MTS 2019
Static GK/ Social Science
You can prepare the topics by studying from Class 9th and 10th NCERT books. Let us now go through the tips for each sub-topic:
- The best way to study History is by making the notes and studying the events in a chronological sequence.
- Make a timeline and mark the events with respect to the dates.
- Most important topics in History are Indian Freedom Struggle and Ancient History.
In Geography, the commission generally asks questions based on astronomy, rivers, and dams.
Polity & Economics
- For Polity, read the newspaper daily and gather the information about events that occured in past 6 months. Most important topics include events related to Constitution, Parliament, President, and facts.
- For Economics, read the class 10th Economics NCERT book.
- You can expect 1-2 questions from Environment science.
- Stay updated with news related to environment in last 6-10 months.
- Study about climate change, global warming, and wildlife conservation in India.
- Generally, the candidates are asked questions about internet, e-mails, hardware, etc.
- You can solve mock tests to know the probable questions.
- Dynamic GK
- Develop a habit of reading the newspaper daily and note down the information in a separate notebook.
- Emphasize reading on topics such as sports, latest schemes, important dates of events, recent developments, etc.
- In order to prepare for science, you can rely on class 9th and 10th standard NCERT books.
- Only the theoretical concepts are tested. Therefore, you do not need to focus on numerical.
- In Physics, application-based questions will be asked while fact-based questions will be asked from Biology and Chemistry.
Best books for General Awareness section| SSC MTS 2019
The books listed below are one of the recommended books by experts. You can also choose any one book out of the two to score qualifying marks in this section.
|S.No.||Book Title||Book Highlights|
|1||Lucent’s Objective GK
(By Lucent Publication)
|It is a complete general knowledge book for SSC MTS aspirants as this includes all necessary concepts in an easy-to-understand language. This book is designed in accordance with latest syllabus and exam pattern|
|2||Lucent’s GK Paperback
(By Dr. Binay Karna, Sanjeev Kumar, and Manwendra Mukul
|A comprehensive reference book for preparation of general knowledge in any competitive exam. The book title includes all the potential topics which are illustrated in a lucid manner.|
Until the official announcement is made, you can start your preparation by studying the topics mentioned on this page.
Don’t forget to download Gradeup SSC MTS preparation app. It provides free study material, quizzes, mock test, previous year papers, and all the updates related to the exam.