Nagpur University Hostels, List , How To Apply, Required Documents
RTM Nagpur University Hostel Registration process For various colleges is given here. The candidates interested to Apply for the hostel acquisitions are requested to read All following details & submit their application Form.
1. Application forms for admission to the Hostel together with the copy of the prospectus can be obtained from the Warden Office of the respective hostels during office hours, by submitting receipt of Rs. 10 paid at the counter of University Income Section, Campus, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
2. All applications for admission duly filled and forwarded by the Director, LIT, Nagpur should be submitted to the Warden office of the respective hostels with a receipt of nonrefundable fee of Rs. 25 as registration fee paid at the counter of University Income Section, Campus, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
3. Applicant must submit all the relevant documents with the application form as stated in the application form and prospectus. Incomplete applications will not consider for admission and shall be rejected.
Required Documents / Certificates
- Request application on plane paper for getting admission in the Hostel.
- Filled application form duly certified by the Director, LIT, Nagpur.
- Receipt of fees paid for admission in LIT, Nagpur.
- Receipt of registration fees of Rs. 25 paid at the counter of University Income Section, Campus, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Mark sheet of the previous exams. passed.
- Caste & Validity / Non-Creamy layer certificate whichever is applicable.
- Medical certificate from General Surgeon regarding health fitness.
- Parent undertaking regarding fitness and responsibility of the student.
- Three passport size photographs out of which one should be pasted on the application form duly attested by Head of the department.
- Three self addressed envelope affixed with postage stamp of Rs.5 each.
Background of the Hostel :
The Post Graduate Boys hostel was inaugurated on 29th May 1979 by Hon’ble Shri Sadia Ali, Governor of Maharashtra and Chancellor of Nagpur University for the students of post graduate admitted in the university departments.. At that time Hon’ble W. M. Kalmegh was Vice Chancellor on Nagpur University.
Facilities available :
Hostel is having four blocks with 25 rooms in each block. One recreation club room, sports facilities, Mess, etc.
Seats available for Admissions : only for students admitted in University run departments
60-70 seats for MA/M Sc/MCA/MBA Part – I students on twin basis
50 rooms for MA/M Sc/MCA/MBA Part – II/III students. Single seated room for clear pass students in First year. Twin basis rooms for ATKT students in First year.
10-20 seats M. Phil / Ph.D for students admitted in department and registered under Department Supervisor.
Eligibility for admission
MA/M Sc/MCA/MBA Part – I: Purely on merit and category (as per list I or II)
MA/M Sc/MCA/MBA Part – II/III – (i) direct admission to students those who were admitted in the hostel in previous year – first cum-first basis (ii) If seats available, for other non-admitted students on merit.
M. Phil / Ph.D – purely on first cum first basis, should be registered for Ph.D and should be registered under University Department Supervisor.
Hostel fee : Rs. 1900/- for twin/six seated rooms and Rs. 2000/- for Single seated rooms. Rs. 1000/- as Mess Deposit (for the session 2012-13).
Hostel Session : 01st July to 30th April.
Warden, Post Graduate Boys Hostel, Near Guru Nanak Bhawan, University Campus Premises, Amravati-Ambazari Road, Nagpur – 440 033
Ragging : Any kind of ragging is strictly prohibited in the Hostel. Till date not a single ragging case is reported since the inception of the hostel.